Federal Tax ID/EIN
$49.00 Fed Tax ID/EIN Obtainment
Simplification of the Application Process
Review the Application for Consistency and Accuracy
Obtaining the Number from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Realtime Progress Updates
Friendly, Helpful Customer Service
- What is a Federal Tax ID/EIN?
- A Federal Tax ID, also known as an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), is an identification number assigned to your business by the IRS designed to identify your business to federal agencies. Similar to how a SSN is issued to an individual, a Fed Tax ID or EIN is issued to a business.
- Am I required to have a Federal Tax ID/EIN?
- A business will need a Federal Tax ID if it has any of the following: employee(s); operates as a corporation or partnership; files an employment, excise or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms tax return. Basically if a business has any employees, it needs a Federal Tax ID. However if the business is operated solely by the owner or a single member LLC, then the owner's SSN may be used and a Federal Tax ID is not needed.
- What are the practical uses for a Federal Tax ID/EIN?
- You can use a Federal Tax ID/EIN to open a bank account, apply for credit, fill out W-9 or 1099 forms for clients and file your tax return. Even if you don't need one, most business advisers recommend you get one and use it instead of your SSN.