$120.00Preparation & Filing
Simplification of the Application Process
Review the Application for Consistency and Accuracy
Filing with the Appropriate State Board of Equalization field office
Realtime Progress Updates
Friendly, Helpful Customer Service
- What is a Sellers Permit?
- A Seller's Permit, also known as a Sales Tax License, Wholesale License, Resale License, Sales Tax Certification and Retail License is a permit to sell or lease physical (tangible) goods. You will need one to sell goods at the wholesale or retail level and to collect sales tax. It is illegal, in most states, to sell or lease physical goods without a Seller's Permit.
- Do I need a Sellers Permit?
- If your business sells or leases tangible goods or participates in the creation of tangible goods, you need a Seller's Permit. For example, if you make a watch for a specific customer, you are creating tangible personal property. Therefore, the total amount you charge for the watch (including the charge for labor) would be taxable. However, labor costs for making repairs are not taxable since they do not result in the creation of tangible personal property (however any sale on new parts required for the repairs would be taxable).
- How long does it take to obtain a Sellers Permit?
- Signature Filing can issue Seller's Permits in 7-10 business days. Check back soon for even faster options. We are currently working on a 72 hour express option.