Filing A Fictitious Name in Fresno County
All information contained in the statement is a PUBLIC record.
• All FBN’s must be filed no later than forty (40) days from the time you start doing business.
• All FBN’s must be filed with the County Clerk in the county in which the registrant has his/her principal place of business.
• You may file in person at the County Clerk’s office at 2220 Tulare Street – 1st Floor Lobby. Applications are accepted Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Payment may be made by cash, check, credit card or money order made payable to Fresno County Clerk.
• You may file by mail at 2221 Kern Street. The turnaround time is approximately 1 week from the date received in the mail. • The filer is responsible for confirming that all information in the statement is correct and complete before filing it.
• You cannot make any updates to the statement once it has been filed. Any changes require the filing of a new statement, payment of the filing fees again, and newspaper publication fees.
• FBN statements are valid for five (5) years. If at any time there are changes to the facts of the filing, for example, ownership, business name and/or address change, a new statement must be filed.
• When a business is sold to a new owner, the original owner shall file and publish a Statement of Abandonment.
To get started click here.